Welcome to CEU By Net! We Offer the Required 2-Hour Texas-Specific Ethics Course for LPCs. It's Online and Only $10, or it's FREE if you have our Unlimited CEU Annual Subscription Plan.
Looking for that hard-to-find 2-hour 'Texas Ethics Course for LPCs,' now required to renew your Texas LPC license?
It's Course 2G - 'Texas-Specific Ethics for LPCs.' Enroll in the course, take the short quiz, and download your instant online certificate for 2 credit hours. Done.
CEU By Net is an Approved Online CE Provider for Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors, per new Rule §681.142 which went into effect in February 2019.
We are also an approved CE Provider of over 185 Credit Hours and PDHs for NBCC (ACEP #6338), EACC-EAPA, Texas, California, and Florida Addiction Boards, NAADAC, and IC&RC.
This short course is a compendium of several separate pieces of published Texas Legislation concerning Health Care for Minors in Disaster, with discussion by the Office of the General Counsel, Texas Department of State Health Services.
The five sections pertain to the following:
- Scope of Practice for Texas LPCs
- Subchapter C - Code of Ethics for Texas LPCs
- Consent for Emergency Medical Care for Minors in a Disaster
- Consent for Non-Emergency Medical Care for Minors in a Disaster
- HIPAA Exceptions in Texas for Health Care Providers as it pertains to health insurance, program administration, audits, and investigations
Goals for Learning in This Course
1. Reinforce the provisions for Scope of Practice for Texas Licensed Professional Counselors.
2. Reinforce specific provisions in SUBCHAPTER C. CODE OF ETHICS for Licensed Professional Counselors in Texas.
3. Review and understand the provisions for CONSENT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE OF A MINOR IN A DISASTER, specific to the provision of health care services to minors without parental or guardian consent. Discussion prepared by the Office of General Counsel, Texas Department of State Health Services
4. Review and understand the provisions for CONSENT FOR NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE OF A MINOR IN A DISASTER, specific to the provision of health care services to minors without parental or guardian consent. Discussion prepared by the Office of General Counsel, Texas Department of State Health Services
5. Learn the exceptions to the HIPAA regulations for release of Protected Health Information in Texas.
And while you are here, if you need more CEUs than just this course, take a look at our Annual Subscription. With a CEU By Net Annual Subscription for only $49, you can earn UNLIMITED CEUs for an entire year on this website at no additional charge. It's our most popular purchase option.
Thanks for visiting our website - CEU By Net!
All content on this site is Copyright (c) 2006-2021 by Pendragon Associates and/or CEU by Net