Welcome to CEU By Net! Looking for that hard-to-find 2-hour 'Texas Ethics Course for LPCs,' now required to renew your Texas LPC license?
You have found it! It's Course 2G - 'Texas-Specific Ethics for LPCs.' Enroll in the course, take the short quiz, and download your instant online certificate for 2 credit hours. Done.
The course is online and only $10 - or it's FREE if you have our Unlimited CEUs Plan.
Are you also looking for the required HHSC course on Human Trafficking? We offer this course online, required for all healthcare providers in Texas. Earn the required certificate AND also earn 8 CEUs to apply to your Mental Health or Addiction license renewal. These 8 CEUs are applicable to several different areas of clinical competence:
Ethics, Mental Health- and SUD-oriented Victim Assessment, Trauma-Informed Care, Cultural Awareness, Community Coordination and Case Management, Crisis Intervention, State and Federal Laws pertaining to sex and labor trafficking, and Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health.
CEU By Net's short Ethics Course 2G for Texas LPCs is a compendium of several separate pieces of published Texas Legislation concerning Health Care for Minors in Disaster, with discussion by the Office of the General Counsel, Texas Department of State Health Services.
The five short sections in this Ethics Course 2G pertain to the following:
- Scope of Practice for Texas LPCs
- Subchapter C - Code of Ethics for Texas LPCs
- Consent for Emergency Medical Care for Minors in a Disaster
- Consent for Non-Emergency Medical Care for Minors in a Disaster
- HIPAA Exceptions in Texas for Health Care Providers as it pertains to health insurance, program administration, audits, and investigations
Goals for Learning in This Course
- Reinforce the provisions for Scope of Practice for Texas Licensed Professional Counselors.
- Reinforce specific provisions in SUBCHAPTER C. CODE OF ETHICS for Licensed Professional Counselors in Texas.
- Review and understand the provisions for CONSENT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE OF A MINOR IN A DISASTER, specific to the provision of health care services to minors without parental or guardian consent. Discussion prepared by the Office of General Counsel, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Review and understand the provisions for CONSENT FOR NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE OF A MINOR IN A DISASTER, specific to the provision of health care services to minors without parental or guardian consent. Discussion prepared by the Office of General Counsel, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Learn the exceptions to the HIPAA regulations for release of Protected Health Information in Texas.
While you are here, if you need more CEUs than just this course, take a look at our Annual Subscription, HERE. With a CEU By Net Annual Subscription for only $49, you can earn UNLIMITED CEUs for an entire year on this website at no additional charge. It's our most popular purchase option. CEU By Net offers over 185 approved CE hours
Thanks for visiting our website - CEU By Net!
All content on this site is Copyright (c) 2006-2021 by Pendragon Associates and/or CEU by Net